If you’re looking for a fun and effective way to rejuvenate your skin, jelly masks may be just the thing you need! These unique beauty products provide a variety of benefits, from hydrating and brightening to clarifying and soothing. However, to get the most out of your jelly mask, it’s important to know how to use it properly. In this article, we’ll cover the basics of jelly masks, their benefits, and how to apply them step by step. We’ll also discuss common mistakes people make and tips on how to avoid them.
Types of Jelly Masks
Jelly masks come in different forms and textures, but they all share a few common characteristics. Most jelly masks are clear or translucent, and they’re formulated to contain a high concentration of active ingredients. The texture is gel-like and bouncy, and may have a cooling or tingling sensation when applied. Here are some common types of jelly masks:
- Hydrating masks: These masks are designed to deeply moisturise the skin, plump up fine lines, and restore a healthy glow. They often contain ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, or algae extracts.
- Brightening masks: These masks help to even out skin tone, lighten dark spots, and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation. They frequently contain vitamin C, niacinamide, or plant extracts like licorice or mulberry.
- Clarifying masks: These masks work to unclog pores, reduce oiliness, and prevent breakouts. They often contain salicylic acid, tea tree oil, or charcoal.
- Soothing masks: These masks calm and comfort irritated or sensitive skin, and reduce inflammation and redness. They may contain chamomile, calendula, or honey.
How to Apply Jelly Masks
Now that you know the basics of jelly masks, let’s dive into the application process. Follow these steps for optimal results:
- Start with clean, dry skin. Remove any makeup or dirt with a gentle cleanser and pat dry with a towel.
- Open the jelly mask sachet or jar and scoop out a generous amount with your clean fingers or a spatula. Don’t be afraid to use a lot – the more, the better!
- Apply the jelly mask evenly all over your face, avoiding the eye and mouth areas. You may use a brush or a silicone applicator to spread the mask.
- Leave on the mask for the recommended time (usually 10-15 minutes). Relax and enjoy the sensation!
- Rinse off the mask thoroughly with lukewarm water. Use a soft cloth or your hands to massage the mask off your skin, making sure to remove all residue.
- Follow up with your regular skincare routine, such as toner, serum, and moisturiser.
Common Mistakes and Tips
Here are some common mistakes people make when using jelly masks, and how to avoid them:
- Using too little or too thin layer: Jelly masks work best when applied generously in a thick layer, so don’t be afraid to use a lot. Also, a thin layer may not provide the full benefits of the mask.
- Leaving the mask on too long or too short: Follow the instructions on the packaging for the recommended time, as leaving the mask on too long may irritate your skin, while leaving it on too short may not provide enough benefits.
- Not rinsing off thoroughly: Make sure to rinse off the mask completely with lukewarm water, as leaving any residue may clog pores and lead to breakouts.
- Applying too often: Don’t use jelly masks every day, as they may cause over-exfoliation and irritation. Once or twice a week is enough for most people.
- Using the wrong type of mask: Make sure to choose a jelly mask that suits your skin type and concerns, as using the wrong type may not provide optimal results.
Related Article: What are Jelly Masks and how do they work?